Monday, June 20, 2005

Bookish Meme

My first attempt at picking up a meme, whatever that means, from Flop Eared Mule

Total number of books I’ve owned:
Thousands. I keep buying, loaning, swapping and sending to 2nd hand shops

The last book I bought:
The History and Description of Sydney Harbour - PR Stephenson, at a church fete

The last book I read:
The Salmon of Doubt - Douglas Adams. It's basically a print out of what was on the hard drives of his beloved Macs when he died. Mainly newspaper columns, musings and several partial drafts of a new novel.

Five books that mean a lot to me:
The Complete Asian Cookbook - Charmaine Solomon. Taught me the art of making curry. Essential life skill No. 1
Rolling Stones. The cover has fallen off so I can't tell who the author is. It has a chronology of the Stones career, album reviews and most importantly, the lyrics and chords for all their songs up to Sticky Fingers. I taught myself to play guitar by strumming along to these. I reckon Brian and I could busk every single one (with varying degrees of tunefulness). Essential life skill No.2
Here' Luck - Lennie Lower. Makes me laugh just thinking about it. Essential life skill No.3
The Macquarie Dictionary. Its there, I use it. Essential life skill No.4
The Naked Ape - Desmond Morris. Before that I wanted to be a zoologist, afterwards I studied anthropology.

Pass it on to: Anyone.

Comments:
that Rolling Stones book was the source of many a weekend of strummin' and singin' - to various degrees. it always sounded good to me.........

I must agree with the Charmaine Soloman book. taught me to cook as well. It is a well thumbed book now with a new recipe still being discovered - althought the 20kgs of chicken gizzards has not even been contemplated!!!

having a second hand shop means i don't buy books anymore. theres enuff to keep me going for years.
 
I wonder if there's a Guiness book of records for the longest time playing Moonlight Mile?
 
I think we hold it.........or was that the chemicals talking.......probably with a firm version of dead flowers wandering around there as well
 
and I won't forget to put roses on your grave
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?